Here are some new developments in my life:
- I decided to stop taking genealogy clients because I wanted to focus my very brief "genealogy time" on developing my BCG portfolio. I did learn that client work is definitely in my future, but I can't do anybody justice while I spread myself too thin.
- I became pregnant with child #4 in March. I am 8 weeks pregnant and E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D. It's about all I can do to keep up with my 4 year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old (yeah...we spaced our kids "Czech style" - a kid/a year. And then I had a small break), attempt to accomplish some semblance of my fitness goals, and spend some time with my awesome husband. A time and a season, a time and a season...
- We started a garden! A lot of my extra energy has been spent on learning about plants. PLANTS ARE AWESOME! And this is my excuse for neglecting my family tree (hyuk hyuk). Right now I'm hardening off all the plants I so lovingly planted, fed, and watered for the past 2 months while it was too cold to plant outside. Hardening off plants is really hard in Iowa because it. is. always. windy.
Some more Meta-Blogging thoughts:
I'm a complete ENFP. If you are familiar with the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, you will know what the heck I'm talking about. I recently read some writing advice for ENFPs and they made so much sense! And baby, they were the exact opposite of the ideas for my INTJ husband!
- channel beginning enthusiasm/energy in to useful brainstorming
- avoid burn out by talking to others
- avoid burn out by taking breaks when you need to
- again, take a break
- again, get up, stretch, talk to somebody else, bounce some ideas off them, and take a break!
- TAKE A BREAK
Okay, okay, I get it! I needed to take a break! And that is why I didn't blog for basically the entire month of April and the first week of May. I had been feeling like a complete failure and loser for not completing my dream goal of posting every day for a year. I lasted 1/4 of the year, if that.
But! This site keeps getting lots and lots of hits! Apparently my musings are being read. When I started this blog in 2013, the goal was just to write whatever (about Czech genealogy) whenever, because maybe somebody out there would find it useful.
I think I would like to attempt that goal again, and put a very small quota on it. I think I can manage posting once/week until my BCG portfolio is completed. Right? Right? You think I can do this? I hope I can. I will take more breaks and talk to more people. I will not take on new insane goals. That is not necessary.
But this blog? It really does help some other people sometimes. It is not worth quitting completely. I do not need to feel like a failure. I do need to keep writing.